Helical Piers – Why They Are Installed
Your home’s foundation is one of the most critical components of your property. It supports the entire structure and keeps it level and stable. However, over time, your foundation may start to settle, shift, or sink due to a variety of reasons, including soil erosion, water damage, tree roots, or poor construction. If you notice signs of foundation problems, such as cracks in the walls or floors, doors and windows that don’t close properly, or unevenness in the structure, it’s crucial to address them promptly before they worsen and compromise your safety and comfort.
One of the most effective solutions for foundation repair is installing helical piers. Helical piers, also known as helical anchors, helical piles, or screw piles, are steel shafts with helix plates that are screwed into the ground until they reach a stable soil layer or rock formation. The helix plates provide support and resistance to uplift and lateral forces, while the shaft transfers the load from the structure to the soil. Helical piers are installed with specialized equipment and techniques that minimize disruption to your property and ensure accurate placement and alignment.
Benefits of Helical Piers
Helical piers offer several advantages over traditional foundation repair methods, such as concrete underpinning or mudjacking. Some of the benefits of helical piers include:
- Cost-effectiveness: Helical piers are often more affordable than other methods, especially when considering the long-term benefits and durability.
- Adaptability: Helical piers can be customized to suit different soil and site conditions, and can be installed in tight or restricted spaces.
- Speed: Helical piers can be installed quickly and efficiently, usually in a matter of hours or days, depending on the project size and complexity.
- Minimal excavation: Helical piers require little to no excavation, which means less mess, debris, and landscape damage. They can also be installed in areas with limited access or clearance.
- Structural stability: Helical piers provide reliable support and reinforcement to your foundation, ensuring that it stays level and secure for decades to come.
- Waterproofing: Helical piers can also serve as a barrier against water intrusion and moisture damage, as they prevent the soil from expanding or contracting due to seasonal changes or fluctuations.
TFS is the preferred company to install this product because of our many years of expertise and knowledge on the product itself. We offer a free inspection and lifetime warranty on this product. Call us at 844.468.4674 today!